Answer - Wearing a mask will help us slow the spread of infection. The studies by the CDC have found that the virus can be transmitted by people who are asymptomatic and that even those who eventually develop symptoms can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms.
Question - Who should not use a mask?
Answer - We needn’t wear a mask inside our homes, only when in public places. Children under the age of 2 years should not wear a mask. In addition, anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance should not wear a mask
Question - How to use the mask?
Answer - Before using reusable face masks please remember:
- Thoroughly wash and clean the face mask.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before wearing the face mask.
- As soon as the face mask becomes damp or humid, switch to another face mask and clean the used face mask.
- Never reuse a face mask after a single use without cleaning it.
- Never share the face mask with anyone. Every member of a family should have a separate face mask
Question - How to store the mask?
Answer - Follow these simple steps:
- Take any paper/ cloth bag at home
- Clean it thoroughly with soap and water
- Let it dry well on both sides
- Keep your clean face mask in this clean bag
- Keep it sealed well
Question – What are the precautions I should take when removing the mask from my face?
Answer – Below are a few precautions to take while removing the mask,
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask. Do not touch the front or any other surface of the face mask, remove it only with ear loops.
- Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask.
- After removal, immediately clean your hands with 65% alcohol-based hand sanitizer or with soap and water for 40 seconds.
- Drop the mask directly into a soap solution or warn water to which salt / disinfectant has been added.
Question - How to wash the masks for reuse?
Answer - Just a few simple steps. Take warm water in a bucket, add some detergent to it, dip the masks in it, and leave it for 5 minutes. Do not mix the masks with other clothes. Now, wash your hands. After 5 minutes, take the masks out and soak them in the sun for at least 5 hours. Always hold the mask from the ear loops when used. And wash the mask after every use
Question: What are the key features of Haath Ka Bana masks ?
- Stitched by artisans and daily wagers of Indian Handicraft and Handloom for sustaining their livelihood
- 100 % cotton fabric sourced from weavers of India
- Reusable & washable (safe on Earth),
- Double layer protection with a provision of 3rd layer of replaceable filter of kitchen tissue
- Soft, comfortable and breathable
- Comes in a set of 3 masks placed in a fabric pouch
- Great designs of traditional Ikkat prints
- Contributes Rs. 5/- per set to PM Cares Fund
Question - Who makes these masks?
Answer - Haath Ka Bana aka Handmade masks are made by the artisans/ daily wagers of Indian Handicraft and Handloom industry. Your choice to use these masks help us provide financial stability to them to sustain their families in these difficult times.
Question - Which is the best fabric for cloth masks?
Answer – The material and fabric changes with the purpose of usage of masks. As recommended by the WHO & ICMR, cotton is most suitable fabric to make masks for public at large who are not involved in any medical practices. It is,
- good for skin
- reusable and washable
- and safe
Question - Is it safe to use a cotton mask?
Answer - Absolutely. The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended the use of cotton masks for everyone to use on a regular basis. They are safe, protective, breathable, and good for the skin. Only doctors and nurses who are treating virus-infected patients need to wear surgical/ N-95 masks.
Question - How long will these masks last?
Answer - Haath Ka Bana aka Handmade masks are reusable cotton masks. Just like any of your cotton outfits, these will last for years if you take good care of them. Wash them thoroughly with luke warm water and detergent after every use. Use of disinfectant regularly along with soap for best results.
Question - When will it be delivered?
Answer - Masks are an essential item, and hence will be delivered during the lockdown period as well. You can expect it to reach you within 3 to 5 working days after placing the order in India.
Question - Does wearing a mask mean I cannot get infected?
Answer - No. Wearing masks reduces the risk of transmission, and hence your risk of getting infected.
Question - Does wearing a mask mean I can group together with my friends?
Answer - No. People should practice principles of social distancing, respiratory etiquette, and frequent hand hygiene in addition to wearing a facemask.